POMONA, CA. – June 18, 2007 -- Auto-Graphics, Inc. (OTCBB: AUGR) (Pink Sheets: AUGR), a technology innovator providing library automation solutions for over 35 years, today announced that it will be showcasing Version 3.0 of the AGent integrated library automation platform at the American Library Association's (ALA) Annual 2007 Conference and Exhibit at the Washington DC Convention Center, June 23-26, booth #1303. This latest release of AGent is focused on the end-user, with the goal of delivering tools to improve information discovery while also addressing the new nature of the social web.
"This is a monumental shift in our culture and it is taking place right now. We serve people who will not seek or use information in the way that libraries currently provide it," commented Christie Brandau, State Librarian of Kansas.
Auto-Graphics' commitment to delivering innovative and standards-based solutions revolves around its AGent suite of integrated products, which offers a library automation platform currently used by more than 5,000 libraries in North America. The enhanced functionality of AGent 3.0 includes:
- Redesigned User Interface: AGent 3.0's user interface (UI) makes more information available to the end-user by taking advantage of new system and screen technology. The new UI effectively blends information from the traditional OPAC, federated search technology and a range of progressive tools to enhance the information discovery process.
- Improved Information Discovery Tools: These new tools join the wide array of search tools, such as a spell checker, local and authoritative cross referencing, built-in federated search capabilities and virtual de-duplication of results, available to AGent users.
- Clustered Results Engine: This latest release will include an Auto-Graphics-powered clustered results engine that identifies contextual associations between words using existing metadata and displays these relationships to reveal associations not previously considered.
- User Tagging Options: AGent 3.0's flexible user tagging functionality balances the user's desire for participation with the library's need for regulation. It enables AGent users to contribute to the OPAC in the form of comments, reviews, ratings, added subjects and keywords and other information to provide insightful peer input to library collections, while also allowing administrators to turn contributions on and off as necessary.
- Faceted Results Display: The full release of AGent 3.0 will include faceted results display, allowing users to more effectively find specific types of material within the results of any query. Users will have the option to refine result sets by language, material or item type, format, location and other qualifiers.
- Instant Messaging: AGent 3.0 seamlessly integrates the ability to offer instant messaging within the application to provide real-time answers to user questions.
- E-Commerce Functionality: Auto-Graphics has integrated an array of best-of-breed e-commerce functionality into the latest version release, including the ability for users to purchase books through a custom library website, suggest a book for addition to a library collection or pay fees online.
"Each enhancement in our latest release of AGent was designed with the end-user in mind, with the goal of putting library resources within reach of the online audience and utilizing the networking and growth capabilities provided by the social web," explained Paul Cope, president of Auto-Graphics. "If you're not listening to what the users want, you're missing the boat."
Additional information about the new functionality of AGent 3.0 will be made available to interested media and partners at ALA Annual 2007 or by contacting Auto-Graphics.
About Auto-Graphics, Inc.
Founded in 1950, Auto-Graphics has been a technology innovator for more than five decades, providing data automation solutions to customers across multiple industries. For the past 35 years, Auto-Graphics has helped libraries of all sizes become more efficient and patron-centric. Its flagship solution, AGent, is the most comprehensive library automation platform available today, allowing libraries of any size manage, share and search their resources. The AGent integrated product suite – currently used by more than 5,000 libraries in North America – comprises a complete ILS system for public libraries; a robust ILL solution for consortial entities and member libraries; and a powerful federated search solution for both public and academic libraries. For more information, please visit www.auto-graphics.com.