INWOOD, WV, September 12, 2006 – Black Gold Cooperative Library System (CA) will implement TLC's next generation ILS, CARL.X. Black Gold Cooperative Library System will upgrade to CARL.X from an Innovative Interfaces, Inc. Millennium system.
CARL.X offers rich functionality that streamlines staff workflows and opens new dimensions for catalog searching, patron self-service, and data mining. Its three-tier architecture provides real-time cognitive impact using Google-like search engine options, fast graphical presentation of search results, and artificial intelligence components.
Black Gold Cooperative Library System will also implement AquaBrowser Library, the graphical "intelligent" search tool that works with any integrated library system.
"The Black Gold members were very impressed with the capabilities of AquaBrowser, which will allow patrons to find items in the catalog with a visual search engine that makes searching much more user friendly," Executive Director Maureen Theobald commented. "We also liked the system's adaptability to the consortium environment. Our members will be able to better tailor the system to their local processes while still providing a unified catalog."
Black Gold Cooperative Library System will use several of TLC's best-of-breed add-on solutions. These solutions, in addition to TLC partner products like AquaBrowser Library, will integrate with or enhance CARL.X's powerful capabilities. They are:
- YouSeeMore portal with patron personalization. TLC will customize Black Gold's YouSeeMore to include NetFlix-like capabilities including: patron requests for shipment of items at time of hold placement; printing mailing labels; control material based on number of items a patron has on loan rather than due date; and customization of holds queue generation so a hold is automatically suspended and does not generate until the patron has lower than a specific number of materials charged out.
- Online Selection and Acquisitions, a Web-based program that manages the entire acquisitions process
- Talkingtech's Phone Message Phone Connect System for efficient overdue and events notification, and item renewal by phone
- Tech Logic's CircIT barcode self-checkout system
- Civic Technologies' Graphical Reports SnapShot
The Black Gold Cooperative Library System serves seven public library jurisdictions on the central coast of California.
About The Library Corporation
TLC is owned and operated by the family that founded the company over 32 years ago. The company's automation solutions include library automation, cataloging, and authority control solutions, and RFID. A number of TLC offerings, including AuthorityWorks, AquaBrowser Library, BiblioFile, Online Selection & Acquisitions, RFID, and Gold Rush are designed to work with any ILS.