Blacksburg, VA - VTLS is pleased to announce the foundation of a users group named The VINE for users of VITAL/FEDORA products. The group's goals will be to facilitate the:
- Implementation of an enhancement process for the VITAL product.
- Communications between the company, users and customers of the VITAL/FEDORA products,
- Forums for the in-depth discussions of technical issues/concerns/ideas concerning the products and their use,
- Enhancing market adoption and use of the VITAL and FEDORA products,
- Communication between the FEDORA Users' Group, FEDORA Development Consortium and the VINE membership, and
- Production of a regular e-journal publication of news and information of interest to the VINE membership.
Initially, the Users Group will be formed under the auspices of VTLS. Long-term plans are for the group to become independent. To ensure the early success of the group, the plan is for the VINE membership to meet every three months, due to the rapidly developing state of institutional repository and digital library software and products. One of the first steps will be to coordinate with the membership to coordinate a plan to enhance the product for greater market penetration and thus, growth in the membership of VINE. VTLS will introduce an enhancement process for users to utilize in prioritizing requested enhancements and will use The VINE as an avenue to solicit input from users of the VITAL/FEDORA product as it does product development both with customers and partners.
The first meeting is being planned for 2005, where by-laws work will begin and technical sessions and presentations will be given.
About VTLS Inc.
VTLS Inc. (www.vtls.com) is a leading global company that creates and provides visionary technology in library solutions. We have three distinct divisions that serve a diverse customer base of more than 900 libraries in over 35 countries. Our VIRTUA division remains focused on ILS solutions. Our VTRAX division focuses on RFID technologies through a partnership with Tagsys and FKI Logistex. Our Digital Asset Creation & Management division provides cutting edge software and services for Digital Libraries, including VITAL an institutional repository product based on FEDORA. VTLS is also one of the few ISO 9001:2000 quality certified companies within the library industry.