DES PLAINES, ILLINOIS, Sept. 28, 2004: Endeavor Information Systems announced today the success of the package options of the ENCompass for Resource Access system for providing instant access to e-resources and expanded search capabilities. First announced in April, the ENCompass for Resource Access package options tailor federated search services for libraries that have specific electronic resource collections and end-user service needs.
With Basic, Enhanced and Premium ENCompass for Resource Access packages, Endeavor provides federated search and retrieval services of the library's electronic resources and licensed databases at levels that best suit the needs of the library. The ENCompass Package options help libraries select the database connections most appropriate for their local needs and resources. For specific details of the ENCompass for Resource Access package options, please visit encompass.endinfosys.com/packages or contact Endeavor at firstname.lastname@example.org
“The federated search power of ENCompass is a growing need for all academic libraries, large and small,” said Roland Dietz, Endeavor President and CEO. “By providing three options for ENCompass for Resource Access, Endeavor has been able to make federated searching a reality for libraries who want to maximize their library resources and provide integrated access to information. With the ENCompass for Resource Access package options, libraries are able to select the system that meets their needs and budget.”
The following libraries have selected the ENCompass for Resource Access Package options:
- Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock, AR, selected the ENCompass for Resource Access - Basic Package
- University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom, selected the ENCompass for Resource Access - Basic Package
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR, selected the ENCompass for Resource Access - Premium Package and LinkFinderPlus
- Ivy Tech State College, Indianapolis, IN, selected the ENCompass for Resource Access - Premium Package
- Lincoln University, Canterbury, New Zealand selected the ENCompass for Resource Access - Premium Package and LinkFinderPlus
- St. Thomas University, Miami, FL selected the ENCompass for Resource Access - Premium Package and ENCompass for Digital Collections
About ENCompass for Resource Access
ENCompass for Resource Access is a complete solution for integrated end user searching across multiple data types and databases. ENCompass for Resource Access provides the tools to maximize the power of the library's collection, whether local or remote. ENCompass for Resource Access supports federated searching of the library's electronic resources and licensed databases- plus the Internet. Enabling librarians to maximize library resources like no other system, ENCompass for Resource Access offers Z39.50, XML gateway and HTTP Search Engine connections to search all kinds of information. Visit ENCompass.endinfosys.com for more information.
About Endeavor Information Systems
Endeavor Information Systems, based in Des Plaines, IL, was founded in September of 1994. A wholly owned subsidiary of Elsevier, Endeavor offers a complete line of library solutions for traditional and digital collections. Visit Endeavor at www.endinfosys.com for more information about Endeavor Meridian, Voyager, ENCompass, or LinkFinderPlus.