The consolidation of the library automation business continues abroad as well as among the companies familiar to those of us in North America. In recent news, DS, one of the major companies involved in the United Kingdom has been acquired by Axiell Group, a company that develops library automation in for Nordic countries.
In Jan 2008 Axiell Group reorganized itself into three business units. The acquisition of DS adds a fourth:
- Axiell Bibliotek AB (Sweden)
- Axiell Biblioteksystem AB
- BTJ System AB
- CSC Consulting Group (Library Section )
- TietoEnator Library (2005)
- Axiell Bibliotek A/S (Denmark)
- AB Axiell Kirjastot AY (Finland)
- TietoEnator Libraries Oy (acquired 2007)
- Akateeminen Tietopalveu ATP OY (acquired Dec 2007)
- DS (United Kingdom)
- Acquired April 2008
In 2007 the Axiell Group reported revenue of 21.17 million euro and employs a total of 117 personnel.
The full acquisition of DS by Axiell Group follows a successful collaboration where the two companies worked together to produce a next-generation interface product, Axiell Arena/DS Arena, that would work across the automation products of both companies.
Marshall Breeding May 5, 2008 07:51:12
Link to Posting: A merger of in the international library automation business: DS joins Axiell