CLEVELAND (May 1, 2002) - OverDrive, Inc., a leading provider of eBook, eCommerce and digital rights management (DRM) solutions today announced a new book publicity service -- "Digital Showcase". The book marketing service enables publishers to upload and control distribution of DRM-protected versions of their titles in popular eBook formats for distribution as review and galley copies.
"Digital Showcase has been designed to allow book titles to be immediately accessed by reviewers, book buyers, internal sales personnel and librarians securely through the Internet," stated Pamela Turner, OverDrive Director of Content Reserve. "Now all publishers and authors can cost effectively distribute pre-release eBook versions of new titles in all eBook formats and prevent unauthorized copying and distribution," Turner added.
Features of Digital Showcase include:
- Publisher can manage and control password access and distribution of galley and review copies of their titles.
- Integrated digital rights management (DRM) tools prevent unauthorized distribution and control usage.
- Reviewers and buyers can quickly access and download galleys and new titles from any web browser.
- Each review copy has its own unique URL that can be distributed via email or newsletter for prepublication promotions.
- Previewing titles as eBooks in popular formats such as Microsoft Reader, Adobe Acrobat PDF and Palm Reader saves time and money on costs of printing and mailing bound copies.
- Review copies can be read on a desktop PC, laptop, Palm PDA or Pocket PC.
- No additional investment in hardware or software required - Digital Showcase is browser-based and easy-to-use.
OverDrive's Digital Showcase is the result of successful book promotions using eBooks with DRM for divisions of HarperCollins, Random House and Scholastic. Digital Showcase services are priced at $1,495(US) and include one year of hosted services including DRM.
Ms. Turner stated, "The benefits to publishers who use Digital Showcase are enormous. It's an affordable solution that fits everyone's budget and enables publishers to share a review copy more quickly and easily with anyone who has a computer connected to the Internet."
OverDrive, Inc. (www.overdrive.com) is a leading provider of eBook, eCommerce and DRM technologies enabling the secure management and distribution of digital media over global networks. As a strategic partner with Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) and Adobe Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADBE), OverDrive delivers proven technology for trusted fulfilment and resale of premium content from the world's leading media companies. As a Principal Member of the Open eBook Forum (OeBF), OverDrive is strategically focused on driving specifications and standards for the emerging and rapidly evolving electronic publishing industry. The company was founded in 1986, and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.