POMONA, CA. — January 8, 2008 -- Auto-Graphics, Inc. (OTCBB: AUGR) (Pink Sheets: AUGR), a technology innovator providing library automation solutions for over 35 years, will be showcasing a variety of new patron management and enhanced information discovery tools for its widely adopted AGent Search solution at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia, PA. The following enhancements to AGent Search, the company’s federated search product, will be demonstrated at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Booth # 922, from January 11-14:
- Custom User Categories Administration – Customers now have the ability to create an unlimited number of unique patron or user categories, providing an additional level of authorization and control over access to specific resources. Each user group can have its own tailored set of resources, messages of the day and designed look and feel. In addition, the replication function allows staff to update and copy settings and configuration information from one group to any number of groups in the system, resulting in streamlined workflow for staff.
- Enhanced Clustered Search Engine – The latest release identifies contextual relationships within existing metadata that provide users with a more comprehensive set of associated results. These results are obtained not only from a library customer’s MARC database, but from multiple resources to provide a greater breadth and depth in the clustered results set. Users can narrow searches by adding additional search terms from the hierarchical list of keywords resulting from the clustered search results.
- Improved Related Terms Search – AGent automatically generates a selection of "cross references" from authoritative sources, including the Library of Congress and the National Library of Medicine, each time a search is executed to provide associated search terms that help users more quickly and efficiently find the content for which they’re searching.
- Next Generation Web Services Module – Customers now have the ability to integrate federated search into their existing software applications through AGent’s improved XML-based web services module, providing customers with a more streamlined workflow and better access to multiple information silos.
- Superior Connectivity to Subscription Content - AGent has deployed cutting edge connectivity to conduct searching of all major vendors’ subscription-based content through the vendors’ Application Programming Interface (API) or XML gateway. Auto-Graphics is the leading federated search vendor providing this technology to libraries with seamless XML-based access to the content to which vendors subscribe.
"If our sales team needs to show a customer how federated searching works at some of our Consortia and Major Accounts, we show them one of the many AGent implementations currently installed at many of our major accounts," said Ed McBride, senior VP at Gale. "Auto-Graphics is flexible enough to meet the needs of both users and staff and is technically ahead of the pack, and continues to be the only federated search vendor currently utilizing Gale's API or XML gateway."
For more information on these new or enhanced features, or to schedule a demonstration at ALA, please contact Kim Masterson at (909) 569-1529 or email@example.com.
About Auto-Graphics, Inc.
Founded in 1950, Auto-Graphics has been a technology innovator for more than five decades, providing data automation solutions to customers across multiple industries. For over 35 years, Auto-Graphics has helped libraries of all sizes become more efficient and patron-centric. Its flagship solution, AGent, is one of the most comprehensive library automation platforms available today, allowing libraries of any size to manage, share and search their resources. The AGent integrated product suite – currently used by more than 6,000 libraries in North America – is comprised of AGent VERSO a complete integrated library system; AGent Resource Sharing a robust interlibrary loan and consortial borrowing solution; and AGent Search a powerful federated search application. For more information, please visit www.auto-graphics.com.