Minneapolis, MN -- June 25, 2005. Sagebrush Corporation, a leading provider of technologies and information resources for K-12 districts and schools, announced the new release of Sagebrush InfoCentre 2005, the latest library management system added to their award-winning family of information management products. InfoCentre combines the best of Sagebrush Athena, Sagebrush Spectrum, and Sagebrush Accent, as well as new and innovative features, all in one feature-rich system, providing media centers with the most advanced library automation functionality out there today.
"We're extremely excited to release Sagebrush InfoCentre," said Jim Zicarelli, Sagebrush CEO. "InfoCentre not only showcases the best practices of our award-winning systems, but it also offers Library Media Specialists the choice of implementing a fully distributed or partially distributed infrastructure. With InfoCentre, Media Specialists can run their library as they do today and help IT reduce system maintenance and technology costs, so everyone in the district gets what they need. "
InfoCentre has all expected features and functionality of an advanced library management system with the added ability to:
- Generate customizable reports Users will benefit from the ultimate flexibility of creating completely customizable reports. Drag and drop options make it easy to control which fields are included in a report.
- Work on multiple platforms InfoCentre will work with libraries using Windows, Mac OS X, or Novell, allowing them to leverage current software and hardware while providing students and educators with the latest library management functionality.
- Scan all current barcodes With InfoCentre, Sagebrush users don't need to re-barcode or buy new scanning hardware, saving them valuable time and money.
- Create virtual unions InfoCentre can be configured so that users can search only their library, all libraries, or a group of libraries within the district also using InfoCentre.
- Easily clean up MARC records Users can merge same records to combine them into one bibliographic record with just one-click of the mouse. This provides students with more concise search results rather than finding many duplicate titles.
InfoCentre is currently available for pre-release purchase and is scheduled for release August 2005. Sagebrush will continue to support and maintain its other library automation systems -- Athena, Accent, and Spectrum.
About Sagebrush Corporation
Sagebrush Corporation is a fast-growing leader serving K-12 schools in their efforts to improve performance by providing students access to relevant information, stimulate interest in reading and manage information across the education process. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sagebrush features the award-winning Sagebrush Accent, Sagebrush Athena, Sagebrush Spectrum, and Sagebrush InfoCentre library automation systems, the smart research tool Sagebrush Pinpoint and Sagebrush Analytics for informed, data-driven decision-making. Sagebrush Education Resources provides an ever-increasing title selection, instant online collection analysis, and time-saving tools through the online bookstore, www.sagebrushbooks.com. Sagebrush also features top-rated customer support, a wide range of training options and complete data enhancement services. Visit www.sagebrushcorp.com or call 1-800-533-5430.