Villanova, Pennsylvania - January 27, 2014 - Version 2.2 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This new release adds several new features as well as further improving the stability and flexibility of the software.
Some key additions:
- New themes using the Bootstrap framework to add responsive design features.
- Expanded faceting functionality, which allows users to filter data in more complex ways.
- Incorporation of schema.org microdata to improve search engine optimization.
- A tag management module for administrators.
- Improved authentication options, including CAS support and the ability to allow users to choose from multiple authentication systems.
Additionally, several bug fixes and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.