The KPME Team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.0 of Kuali People Management for the Enterprise (KPME). This release is a functional upgrade from KPME version 1.5.2 and includes enhancements to Time and Leave Management along with technical enhancements and fixes.
Functional upgrade details:
- Time Keeping and Leave Management has been upgraded to utilize Kuali Rice's Rule Management (KRMS) and PeopleFlow modules allowing for an additional 2nd layer of optional routing. Implementations will now be able to utilize a more user friendly interface for creating and maintaining additional workflows to individuals, group, roles, and their defined delegates.
Technical upgrade details:
- Upgraded! Rice upgraded from version 2.1.3 to 2.3.1. Rice 2.3.1 helps KPME leverage new functionality, performance & stability improvements, and is an important step in keeping KPME up to date with the latest offerings in KRAD.
- Modularized! Modularity is a key component of KPME that will allow implementations to choose which modules of KPME to use, at their own pace, independently of other modules. This release contains a large scaled refactor to better allow this in 2.0 and future releases.
- KIM-a-fied! Prior versions of KPME were using custom role setups, the conversion to using standard KIM Roles is a critical step in bringing KPME into the standard way all Kuali applications handle roles and permissions.
- Squashed! Multiple bugs and fixes are included in this improved version of KPME.
Release documentation is available on the KPME wiki.
To download and install KPME 2.0, including instructions and documentation, please visit https://www.kuali.org/download/kpme.
If you have technical or other use questions with this or any KPME release please contact our collaboration community at email@example.com
For More Information
If you have questions about KPME products or the project in general, the KPME Community provides a number of resources for you to get support, including community-led email lists, product documentation, conferences and events, and commercial partners.