Social Library 1.1 was released today, 25 October 2012. This version focuses on the inclusion of Google Analytics tracking and improvements to the translations. Specifically, we have:
- created a new tab available to app administrators where they can:
- add their Google Analytics ID to begin capturing usage statistics,
- access the Using Google Analytics with Social Library guide, and
- send an email requesting marketing materials and guidance to promote the app to patrons.
- categorized and grouped the usage statistics presented in Google Analytics into four categories:
- Events (e.g. holds and renewals), and
- Social Activity (e.g. likes and tweets).
- created French, Spanish, and Arabic translations for the new administrator functionality and improved the translations of the existing UI content.
Patrons should see no functional difference in how the app performs. Library administrators will see the new tab described above. For more detailed information, please see the release notes posted at http://support.sirsidynix.com under the ‘Docs' tab. The Using Google Analytics with Social Library guide is available at http://support2.sirsidynix.com/docs/sociallibrary/SocialLibraryAnalyticsGuide.pdf.