CARLSBAD — June 21, 2012 — EOS International, a leader in cloud computing library automation software, is pleased to announce the exciting new Patron Photo Feature for EOS.Web OPAC Discovery.
This new feature allows library staff members to add, update, remove, and display patron photos in EOS.Web OPAC Discovery. The patron photo displays when library staff select a patron during circulation desk transactions.
The ability for patrons to add, change, or delete photos in EOS.Web OPAC Discovery can be enabled or disabled as desired by the library staff. The same patron photo displays in the staff modules as well. If Patron Profiles are not enabled, the patron photos do not display in OPAC Discovery.
"The enhanced functionality of EOS.Web OPAC Discovery is something our clients and prospects will appreciate and find very useful," says Jeffrey Goodwin, Vice President of Product Development.
For more information, contact EOS International at 800-876-5484 or email@example.com
A few other new enhancements to EOS.Web include:
- Historical detail for previous patrons are available on the item history screen
- Dashboard Metrics report available for Reference Tracking
- Destination for form fields can be mapped for reference requests made through OPAC
- Up to 3 default action icons can be enabled for any list screen in EOS.Web
- OPAC Discovery offers multi-select search filters (users can pick more than one language, collection type, format, etc. for searching)
- Approximately 50 system reports from EOS.Web are available in ReportWriter
- RSS feeds can be created by patrons from OPAC search results
About EOS International
EOS International is a world-class library information and knowledge management software and services provider, with an impressive client base of libraries worldwide. EOS is a client-driven company that has earned top customer satisfaction awards and a nomination for the prestigious Computerworld Smithsonian award. EOS software and services include EOS.Web Express, EOS.Web Enterprise, EOS.Web Academic, EOS.Web Legal, EOS.Web Medical, EOS.Web Digital, EOS e-Library Service) and online content that serve the stringent knowledge and content management needs of corporate, legal, medical, government, academic, digital, and special libraries. EOS International can be found online at www.eosintl.com.