Brisbane, 8 March, 2012. Softlink, a world leader in supplying Information and Library Management Solutions, announces the latest release of the Oliver system for schools and Liberty for Special, Academic and Public libraries.
Based on user feedback, Version 5 Build 4 is one of the largest updates ever made to a Softlink product, incorporating over 1200 enhancements designed to increase administrative efficiency and improve the content management experience.
Customers can look forward to receiving the following enhancements in the latest release:
- Book Reviews engine – Softlink's book reviews engine will provide the capability for users to rate and review any resource within your library, making the OPAC an interactive and engaging tool for users.
- Reservation enhancements – Reservations on multiple copies can now be made via the OPAC or Circulation Desk, to ease the process of checking out resources for classrooms.
- Multi-branch support – Each branch will now receive an individual OPAC URL, so that resources can be restricted to each branch. When reserving a resource, the pickup branch can now be edited to provide flexibility for different branches.
- Save time by searching multiple sources – Z-Cataloguing now has the ability to search multiple sources, ISBNs and ISSNs at one time, therefore increasing cataloguing efficiency.
- Alternate Email field – An alternate email field has been added to the borrower record, which means library notices can be sent to a parent, guardian, or alternate address in case of an email bounceback.
Support for the latest web browsers now extend to Internet Explorer 9 and Safari 5, therefore increasing compatibility on PCs, Macs and iPads.
"We look forward to releasing one of the largest ever updates to Oliver and Liberty," says Steven Mayocchi, Softlink's Development Manager.
"Many of the enhancements have been requested by customers, and we are proud of consistently offering our customer base the latest technology to enhance their library service."
Currently supported Oliver and Liberty v5 users can look forward to the latest release within the next few weeks.
For more information on Softlink's range of Library Management Systems, visit: http://www2.softlinkint.com/?au/your-library
Softlink is a world-leading developer of Library Management Systems and information management software solutions, which is used by over 50% of Australian schools. Softlink's software which is developed at its Brisbane head office is now installed in over 10,000 libraries in 108 countries covering ten major languages.
Solutions built with world-leading technology are strengthened by a range of local support services, delivered by Softlink's product experts, experienced library and IT specialists on staff.
Softlink have won two major export awards; The Premier of Queensland's Award for Export Excellence - Information Technology and the Australian Exporter of the Year – Information Technology.
For more information on Softlink and its Liberty and Oliver products, visit www.softlinkint.com.