PROVO, Utah, December 2, 2009 – SirsiDynix, the world leader in library automation technology, announces the release of SirsiDynix Symphony 3.3.1. Topping the list of new features is support for Microsoft SQL Server as the underlying database for the ILS application server.
In an economic environment of shrinking budgets and increased demands on libraries, Symphony 3.3.1 offers libraries the ability to do more with less. The Symphony 3.3.1 release contains a number of features to increase overall staff efficiency, including:
- Microsoft SQL Server database support – Symphony can now support customers that prefer a Microsoft SQL Server database solution.
- Improved authentication options for SirsiDynix e-Library – LDAP configuration is simplified and expanded to work well in consortial environments.
- Administration module for e-Library – New wizard simplifies e-Library configuration and customization.
- Fines/Fees reporting improved – Libraries enjoy expanded fine and fee details with this version; especially helpful to consortia and libraries with complex reporting needs.
- Additional enhancements to patron credits – Libraries can utilize patron credits to help pay for library services with this release.
Numerous customers participated in extensive beta testing of Symphony 3.3.1.
"Symphony 3.3.1’s support for Microsoft SQL Server, with support for Oracle and Informix databases, provides libraries with even more choice for their preferred system environment," said Talin Bingham, SirsiDynix Chief Technology Officer. "This extended database choice and support for multiple operating systems makes Symphony the most versatile ILS available for libraries today."
Symphony incorporates open, industry-standard technologies, offering libraries an expansive list of features and capabilities. These include an open n-tier architecture, software-as-a-service (SaaS) options, powerful search and discovery solutions, comprehensive integrated library management and productivity solutions, Java-based staff clients for all modules, fully documented application programming interfaces (APIs) that support unparalleled customizability and integration capabilities, Unicode support, advanced business intelligence and reporting tools, support for API, SIP2 and NCIP and embedded and full Oracle database support.
For more information about SirsiDynix Symphony 3.3.1, contact your SirsiDynix sales consultant or email email@example.com.
SirsiDynix is the global leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries – vital institutions whose primary mission is to make sense of the vast world of information for people and communities. This is an exciting role as libraries assist people in discovering and using knowledge, resources and other valuable content for their educations, jobs and entertainment. In concert with key industry partners, SirsiDynix supports this strategic role for libraries by offering a comprehensive integrated suite of technology solutions for improving the internal productivity of libraries and enhancing their capabilities for meeting the needs of people and communities. SirsiDynix has approximately 4,000 library and consortia clients, serving more than 300 million people through more than 20,000 library outlets in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please see www.sirsidynix.com.