WOBURN, Ma. Today Inmagic unveiled Inmagic DB/Text Library Suite, a comprehensive Web-based integrated library system (ILS) built on the company’s popular family of library and information management tools. Designed for a wide range of organizations with special libraries, DB/Text Library Suite gives librarians and information professionals a complete solution to collect, manage, and provide secure access to traditional and non-traditional library materials and collections, whether over the Web or a corporate network.
"Inmagic's DB/Text Library Suite makes it easier than ever to purchase and deploy Inmagic’s workgroup, Web publishing and Web-based integrated library system (ILS) solutions," said Kathy Bryce, Principal of Andornot Consulting Inc., a Vancouver-based Inmagic Business Partner. "By bundling Inmagic Genie ILS technology with Web Publisher Pro and DB/Text Works into a single integrated suite, Inmagic has made it easier than ever to cost-effectively leverage investments already made in Inmagic products and technology."
DB/Text Library Suite is comprised of three of Inmagic’s industry-leading library and special collections management technologies:
- Genie is a Web-based ILS and is the cornerstone of the DB/Text Library Suite. Designed to meet the evolving needs of corporate and public information centers, Genie manages and provides timely, relevant access to traditional and non-traditional library materials. Genie is perfectly suited for single or multi-site libraries that provide Web-based access to a single catalog covering multiple collections.
- DB/Text Works is the foundation and textbase engine of DB/Text Library Suite. A specialized database and text retrieval system, DB/Text Works can efficiently organize nearly any type of digital information—including documents, images, and multimedia—resulting in a central knowledge repository that’s accessible to all constituents.
- Web Publisher Pro is DB/Text Library Suite’s Web publishing system. It provides easy access to rich databases that don’t necessarily fit into the structure of a traditional ILS. It allows users a single platform for information publishing needs without requiring knowledge of HTML, XML, or other programming technology.
DB/Text Library Suite brings tangible benefits to librarians well as their patrons. With DB/Text Library Suite, users can:
- Check fully configurable dashboards that give an up-to-date view of library items, such as check in/check out status. Librarians and end users can then act directly on those items to access available materials.
- Catalog materials, including the ability to use BookWhere to easily find, download, and import bibliographic records.
- Edit existing materials.
- Add and edit borrower records.
- Maintain loan, circulation, and waitlist information.
- Perform serials management.
- Maintain order and supplier information.
- Make inter-library loans and acquisitions.
- Offer localization with a French bilingual option.
For patrons, DB/Text Library Suite provides self-service options through an intuitive interface, allowing them to:
- Retrieve information about new research, articles, images, borrowing and inter-library loans 24/7 via the Web.
- Conduct powerful OPAC searches by keyword, author, title, and subject, as well as by field, configured to meet each organization’s specific needs.
- Browse the library’s catalog using Inmagic’s "browse index" technology, which allows users to look inside the index and thereby create more meaningful searches.
- Use an "InfoCart" to store items for later retrieval and action.
- Login to "My OPAC" to view their open loans, overdues, reserves, routed serials, and borrower information.
- Perform self-checkout.
"Even as funding and staffing levels continue to decline in both non-profit organizations and corporate library departments around the world, expectations and requirements from end users continue to rise," says Phil Green, Chief Technology Officer of Inmagic. "In this economic environment, we want to help information professionals get all the capabilities they need in an ILS, without having to buy and integrate several products from several vendors. With DB/Text Library Suite, users can digitally manage traditional library materials, such as books and serials, along with unstructured data, such as documents, images, URLs, audio, video files, and so on. Getting a world-class ILS up and running has never been easier or more cost-effective."
DB/Text Library Suite is an open system, with an XML API. It is available on both DB/Text and SQL platforms. Data can be exported at any time, in any format, including industry-standard XML, and shared with other libraries in MARC format. DB/Text Library Suite also provides access to all backoffice functions via a Web browser, minimizing the need for library staff members to have access to a local network or Windows application on individual desktops. Because it’s Web-based, information professionals can use DB/Text Library Suite to work remotely. Lastly, the platform is designed from the ground up for librarians, so it requires minimal support from IT departments.
Inmagic also offers the Presto family of knowledge management products for organizations interested in integrating the power of Social Knowledge Networks with their information management needs.
Pricing and Availability
DB/Text Library Suite is available through Inmagic and its global network of partners. It is available on either a license or subscription basis, and it may be deployed in an on-premise or hosted environment. Inmagic’s managed hosting options provide a stable, yet flexible environment needed for cost-effective deployment of an information management system, ILS, or broader Social Knowledge Network. Special promotional pricing is also available to qualified buyers. For more information about Inmagic’s DB/Text Library Suite, please visit www.Inmagic.com. Certified Inmagic resellers and implementation partners can be found at http://www.inmagic.com/partners/directory.html.
About Inmagic, Inc.
Since 1983, Inmagic has helped companies rapidly capture, organize, share, manage, and exploit their collective wisdom. Over 5,000 companies in 100 countries use Inmagic’s Presto and the DB/Text product family to forge Social Knowledge Networks that connect their people and information to gain unprecedented insight into customers, markets, competitors, research, intellectual properties, and more. Find out how much your company really knows. Visit Inmagic at www.Inmagic.com.