Philadelphia, PA -- January 11, 2008. SirsiDynix, the global leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries, today announced the recent release of SirsiDynix Horizon 7.4.1, as well as Horizon Information Portal (HIP) 3.09 and 4.13 for North American sites. Providing the recommended upgrade path for users currently on Horizon 7.3.x and 7.4.x, Horizon 7.4.1 offers a range of significant enhancements: support for Microsoft Vista, updates to the ACS SIP2 client, capabilities for printing new Waiver and Transit receipts and more (see below for details). HIP 3.09/4.13 enhancements include full capability for connecting to Horizon 7.4.1, upgrades to Firebird version 2.03 and Jetty 4.2.19 and more. The Horizon 7.4.1 and HIP 3.09/4.13 releases are available immediately as upgrades for current Horizon and HIP users.
"The Horizon 7.4.1 and HIP 3.09/4.13 releases are clear evidence that SirsiDynix remains committed to the Horizon platform," said Gary Rautenstrauch, SirsiDynix CEO. "While SirsiDynix Symphony is our flagship platform for the future, SirsiDynix will continue to upgrade the Horizon platform for the next four to six years.
"This commitment to our worldwide customer base is important to us, and we will keep it," said Rautenstrauch.
Horizon 7.4.1 includes the following major enhancements:
- Support for Microsoft Vista
- Ability to print new Waiver and Transit receipts and create pre-overdue notices
- Significant updates to the ACS SIP2 client
- Ability to track In Transit items and print locally unique transaction id on payment receipts
- Updates to MARCIN, MARCOUT, BIMPORT utilities
- Ability for staff to determine if expiration date should change when changing location or BTYPE
- Ability to obscure certain borrower information on patron receipts such as 0081 instead of whole barcode
- Ability to automatically limit Borrower Search limit to specific groups of agencies
- Checkin Hold Fill Screen displays the true notice method (e-mail or print); does not default to print
Key enhancements for HIP 3.09/4.13 include:
- Ability to connect to Horizon 7.4.1
- Upgrade to Firebird version 2.03; install included for Microsoft Windows® (98 – XP) and for Linux, Solaris SPARC and Solaris X86 platforms
- Upgrade to Jetty; HIP 3.09 is delivered with Jetty 4.2.19, an upgrade which has resolved many security issues that have been reported with version 4.2.9
- Enhancement for Syndetic Solutions enriched content, which shows authors in tables of contents
- Various enhancements for My Account -Items out, My List, ISBN searches and recording requests in HIP and Horizon
For a complete list of enhancements and fixes in Horizon 7.4.1, current Horizon users are encouraged to review the 7.4.1 release notes on the SirsiDynix Client Care website.
This announcement was made at the 2008 Midwinter Meeting of the American Library Association.
SirsiDynix is the global leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries – vital institutions whose primary mission is to make sense of the vast world of information for people and communities. This is an exciting role as libraries assist people in discovering and using knowledge, resources and other valuable content for their educations, jobs and entertainment. In concert with key industry partners, SirsiDynix supports this strategic role for libraries by offering a comprehensive integrated suite of technology solutions for improving the internal productivity of libraries and enhancing their capabilities for meeting the needs of people and communities. SirsiDynix has approximately 4,000 library and consortia clients, serving more than 300 million people through more than 20,000 library outlets in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please see www.sirsidynix.com.