LibLime Koha 4.12 has been in beta production release among sponsoring libraries since June 2012. After completing a rigorous beta testing phase, the application is now publically available for all as a download at http://www.liblime.com/demos as well as http://www.koha.org/liblime-koha. Release Notes are available at each site. The source code is also available for public access in the LibLime unified git repository located at https://github.com/liblime/LibLime-Koha.
The latest version of LibLime Koha continues to add deeper support for consortia and enhanced performance for larger and larger collections with increased circulation traffic. With all LibLime Koha versions since 4.8, the entire codebase continues to run in the Plack environment for increased performance. LibLime Koha 4.12 continues to provide libraries with the most advanced functionality and performance available in the open development ILS arena.
Some of the new functionality in LibLime Koha 4.12 includes many features designed by and for librarians to allow for local customizations in OPAC design and some additional SIP2 messages. New features in LibLime Koha 4.12 include:
- Provision of local customization of zebra relevancy rankings so sites can customize the types of materials displayed first in a search results set
- Option to apply limits on a basic OPAC search by adding a drop down to the OPAC masthead
- Expansion of search limits in both the OPAC and Staff search interface (advanced page) providing for local flexibility in the set up of the advanced search page
- Limitation of item holdings display to just "home" library of the searcher in the OPAC so patrons can see materials available to them at their home library quickly
- Addition of the ability to limit search results by "book" in format and "adult" in audience
- Addition of unique identifiers throughout the OPAC to allow easier jquery customization
- Expansion of holds queue report to add status information
- Enhancement of SIP2 for ITG communication to pass messages regarding 'Lost Item' status
- Enhancement of SIP2 to pass message regarding shelving location
About LibLime - PTFS
LibLime – PTFS is the global leader in providing support for the Koha open source ILS. Rather than sell software licenses for static, hard-to-customize software products, the PTFS LibLime Division educates libraries about the benefits of open source, enabling them to make choices about how best to provide their communities and staff with better technology services. The PTFS LibLime Division then facilitates deployment of Koha in libraries by providing outstanding consulting, development, implementation, and support/hosting for libraries of all types and sizes. PTFS is also the developer of the world's leading content management software, ArchivalWare, and specializes in meeting library personnel staffing requirements, digitization, and metadata keying services. For more information, see http://liblime.com or http://ptfs.com or http://archivalware.net.